Louisiana Imposes New Restrictions Due to Covid-19
Due to the rising number of Covid-19 cases in Louisiana, Governor Edwards is imposing tighter restrictions on businesses effective Wednesday, November 25, 2020. The Governor is requiring reduced occupancy at some businesses, decreased gathering sizes, and limits on indoor consumption at bars. The Governor also urges everyone in Louisiana to avoid gatherings with people outside of their households.
Major changes to Louisiana’s COVID-19 restrictions include the following:
- All businesses are encouraged to allow employees to work remotely if they can.
- Restaurants are limited to 50% of their indoor capacity (previous capacity was 75%). Restaurants should move as much dining outdoors as they can. The 50% capacity counts both the number of employees and members of the public as determined by the State Fire Marshal. Social distancing is required. Waiting areas must be closed. Drive-up and curbside delivery is still allowed.
- Bars (with or without food service permits) in parishes above 5% positivity as determined by the Louisiana Department of Health are not allowed to serve customers indoors. Customers may be served outdoors only, with capacity limited to 25% and a maximum of 50 people. Social distancing is required. Take-out and delivery is still allowed.
- Bars (with or without food service permits) in parishes at or below 5% positivity for at least two weeks can serve customers indoors, with capacity limited to 25% and a maximum of 50 people. They must close by 11 p.m. Social distancing is required. Take-out and delivery is still allowed.
- Retail businesses are limited to 50% capacity (previous capacity was 75%), except for essential businesses, as defined by federal guidance from the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency. Click here for more information.
- Gyms may be open at 50% of their capacity (previously 75% capacity).
- Barber/beauty shops and nail salons may open at 50% of their capacity (previously 75% capacity).
- Indoor gatherings at event/receptions centers are limited to 25% capacity or up to 75 individuals (previous capacity was 50% of total occupancy or 250 people max).
- Outdoor gatherings at event/reception centers are limited to 25% capacity or up to 150 individuals when strict physical distancing is not possible.
Louisiana’s statewide mask mandate is still in place.
For complete guidance on the new restrictions, visit the Open Safely portal at opensafely.la.gov.
Visit: Small Business Alert Archive
Return to: LSBA Home Page